BANKS TOWNSHIP PLANNING COMMISSION
Regular Meeting minutes, January 10, 2017
1. Meeting called to Order by Chair Miles at 6:05 p.m.
2. Roll Call /Recognition of Visitors
Present: Miles, Wieland, Cooper, Austin, Parafin Visitors: Shooks
3. MMs by Cooper, Austin to approve November minutes. MC No meeting was held in December
4. No public hearings scheduled
5. No comments on non-agenda items.
6. No response from commissioners
Zoning Board of appeals: no report
Zoning Administrator: No report
Township Board Representative:
New owner for market in town, bait shop in basement
Insulated town hall attic
Hired new person for cemetery clean up
Planning Consultant: No report
8. Old Business
Medical Marijuana –no changes for now. Wait until MTA gives us guidance. Revisit in July.
Noise Ordinance: Joni collected e-mails from other townships, and will contact them before Feb mtg.
9. New Business:
new consultant…no decision at this time. Interviews have not been set up. If we do need consultant help, there is a consortium who can provide one. Will be brought up at TB mtg.
Vice Chair appointment: MMS by Austin, Cooper to elect Steve Parafin vice chair. MC
Steve Parafin will contact Donna Heeres and others about establishing self governing committee for short term rentals.
Village long term planning goals, laid out on a chart for 5 years.
Drones? Do we need to consider any language addressing them.
* Joni and Bill will be missing in April
10. Adjournment MMS by Austin, Wieland to adjourn at 6:38 MC
Joni Wieland, sec’y Irene Shooks, rec/sec